Friday, 5th November - Sunday, 7th November With Uma Dinsmore-Tuli and Virginia Compton
The menopausal years (preparation for menopause, menopause herself and post menopause) are both often characterised by experiences of profound instability and physical and emotional vulnerability. We can feel we are ‘going mad’ when we are actually often our right instinctive mind for the first time ever.
This experiential online retreat explores how Yoni Shakti Yoga and Ayurveda can support us during these special and challenging times. It is open to all menopausal beings and everyone approaching or with an interest in menopause. Health care practitioners, with an interest in menopause are also welcome to attend. No experience is necessary.
The 9 hours of this retreat counts as continuing professional development (CPD) for teachers who have completed prior trainings with Uma, and can also count towards CPD points for general yoga teachers and teachers/therapists who have prior trainings in yoga therapy for women’s health.
The intention of this offering is to provide practical experience of breath practices, rhythmic and restorative yoga postures (asana), energy locks and seals including pelvic locks (mulabandha, ashwini mudra and sahajoli mudra), gestures (mudra), and heart-based meditations (yoga nidra) that promote healthy menopause INCLUDING relief from typical issues such as excess heat, insomnia and anxiety.
Simple Ayurvedic practices and the Ayurvedic approach to menopause will be shared and some basic recipes sent to you for balancing the body and mind. By the end of the retreat, participants will have a thorough understanding of the key practical and theoretical Yoga and Ayurveda therapeutic range of responses that are helpful to support vitality and well-being during menopause.
There will be plenty of opportunities for questions and discussions of specific issues relating to menopause. This means that if you have specific personal or professional interests relating to this vulnerable and powerful time that you are invited to bring your questions and experiences to share with the group. The programme is open to responsive, intuitive attunements and adjustments to meet the specific needs of those attending.
- Friday evening*
- 7pm - Welcome
- 730pm - Yoga Nidra
- 8pm - Overview, (with golden milk) and simple practices
- 9pm - Close until morning
- 9am - Welcome back. Meditation and Yoga Nidra
- 10am - Practical yoga to support menopause, including pranayama (breath), nada yoga (sound), rhythmic asanas to unblock energy (shakti bandhas), pointers for self-study (swadhyaya) – supportive inversions and restorative yoga, and fluid nourishing sequences of movement and breath to optimise prana for support.
- 11am - break
- 1115am - Exploring menopause from a yogic and ayurvedic perspective: the significance of breath, relaxation and relevant appropriate use of supportive bandhas (pelvic locks and seals). Diet and lifestyle, daily routines, helpful herbs, nurturing self massage with oil (abyangha)
- 12 midday - Close until evening. The afternoon is free time and the suggestion is that you take this time for yourself, to walk in nature, to practice self massage, to enjoy nurturing food.
- 7pm - Questions and offerings
- 730pm - Exploring the menopause
- 8pm - Energetic dimensions of yoga (with golden milk)
- 830pm - Mantra and Yoga Nidra
- 9pm - Close until morning
- 10am - Welcome back. Meditation and Yoga Nidra
- 11am - Practical yoga to support menopause, including pranayama (breath), nada yoga (sound), rhythmic asanas to unblock energy (shakti bandhas), pointers for self-study (swadhyaya) – supportive inversions and restorative yoga, and fluid nourishing sequences of movement and breath to optimise prana for support.
- 11am - break
- 1115- 12midday - The energetic dimension of Yoga for menopause: acceptance of change, clearing energy blocks, surrender, support, sangha and promoting a connection with the inner teacher.
- 12 midday - Giving gratitude and close
The cost of this online retreat is £108.
We will send an email a couple of days beforehand with recipes and tips for the weekend so you can get the most from this experience. After the weekend you will receive recordings of the practices offered if you have attended.
To book please click HERE