A full body oil massage. This is designed to help you relax and let go of any anxieties. Warm oil is gently but firmly massaged into the body to stimulate the marma (energy) points which releases and rebalances energy to promote wellbeing. This massage helps eliminate excess water, fat deposits and toxins to strengthen and rejuvenate your whole body. Good for deep relaxation, stress relief, pain relief, calming the mind, strengthening and rejuvenating internal organs and improving circulation.
A tension relieving seated head, neck and shoulder massage, great for helping with computer strain, migraines and stress. A miraculous cure for stiffness, aches and pains. Sweeping movements across the back are used to promote circulation and restore energy balance throughout the body.
Warm muslin bundles of therapeutic herbs are used with oil to work into the affected areas of the body. This treatment strengthens and rejuvenates joints, reducing pain, stiffness and inflammation and so is especially good for arthritis, muscular pain, sciatica, and chronic back pain.Good for stiff joints and pains, arthritis, inflamed muscles, certain skin conditions, it is calming and anti-inflammatory.
Warm honey is mixed with rose water to give an incredibly nourishing and nurturing treatment. Rose is believed to balance the heart and mind, helping with difficult emotions. Honey is incredibly beneficial for agitated and dry skin, being a natural antiseptic and anti inflammatory. This treatment will leave you feeling soothed and nourished like no other. The honey is washed off with warm water to complete the treatment. (A warm bath or shower is advisable when you return home).
One of the most powerful Ayurvedic treatments where a continual stream of warm oil is poured rhythmically over the forehead to induce a deep feeling of calm. This blissful therapy quietens the mind, alleviates anxiety and heightens awareness and is particularly effective for insomnia, headaches and stress. It also improves hair condition.
• This is a very beneficial treatment specific for lower back pain, sciatica, herniated and ruptured discs cervical pain, stiff neck, whiplash, migraines, knee pain, upper back discomfort or knee problems. A well made of dough from gram flour, is placed over the problem area and filled with warm oil heated and kept on the site of discomfort for a specific period of time. This helps to soften the rigid, tight and hard tissue which results in circulation and mobility of the affected area as well as easing nerve pain.
• Once the dough dam is removed a massage is given to help deepen the overall effect of the treatment. A course of a minimum of four treatments is recommended.
• The vasti treatments available are Janu Vasti (knees), Kati Vasti (Lumbar spine), Greeva Vasti (cervical spine) and Prishta Vasti (whole spine).
In Ayurveda we work with the elements and ‘doshas’ which indicate your past and present constitutional state as well as your disease tendencies. The aim is to prevent rather than cure but we also work with any presenting health issues that arise. An assessment (one hour), which includes a full holistic health screening and Ayurvedic constitution analysis will tell me about any imbalance in the bodymind. I will then recommend specific Ayurvedic bodywork, daily routines, dietary changes, herbs or Yoga practices that may be helpful for you. Depending upon your focus we then agree a plan for follow up sessions. The Ayurvedic health system tailors everything according to your individual needs.
• Full body oil massage (Abhyanga)
• Face massage.
• Complementary digestive tea to rebalance.
• Full body oil massage (Abhyangha).
• Yoga Nidra.
• Take away sleep advice sheet incorporating Ayurvedic principles.
• Complementary sleep tea. to further relax and unwind.
Once you've registered, Virginia will get back to you as soon as possible to finalise the date and time of your treatment.